Cut the Rope 2 Now Available Exclusively on the App Store
San Francisco, CA - 19 December 2013 - Cut the Rope 2: Om Nom’s Unexpected Adventure arrives today as an iOS exclusive for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, delivering 120 levels of rope-cutting and candy-collecting fun. The sequel to the physics-based phenomenon takes Om Nom out of the box and into the world for the first time, introducing five new locations and characters, each with unique game mechanics that help Om Nom in his pursuit of candy. The new characters interact with Om Nom and their surroundings, creating a totally new experience for Cut the Rope, one of the most successful and beloved mobile gaming franchises.
The game features five new friends, the Nommies®, who are helping Om Nom find his way home:
- Roto carries Om Nom through the air to the best candy catching locations.
- Lick makes small bridges with his tongue to help Om Nom reach his goal.
- Blue multiplies and lifts Om Nom to new levels of candy hunting fun.
- Toss throws objects of all sizes, including candy, to help Om Nom satisfy his sweet tooth.
- Boo scares Om Nom to jump to new heights.
“This is the first true sequel to Cut the Rope,” said Misha Lyalin, ZeptoLab CEO. “We’ve shaken up the formula and really wanted to push the envelope on what today’s mobile platforms can offer. The new gameplay elements, design and graphics will thrill Cut the Rope fans and attract a new generation of players."
For the first time, players can move Om Nom around on the screen with the help of Nommies and various gameplay elements. Players can also collect items to access secret levels, use power-ups such as balloons and candy rain, and customize their game by selecting different types of candy and new accessories for Om Nom.
In addition to the game, Om Nom and the Nommies continue their adventures in the third season of the award-winning animated shorts Om Nom Stories™, which debuts a new episode today. Watch it on YouTube and stay tuned for more episodes in the coming weeks.
Fans who want to discover more great mobile content can now access all ZeptoLab apps for iOS in one place. Today, alongside the release of Cut the Rope 2, ZeptoLab introduces a dedicated page on the Apple App Store at www.AppStore.com/ZeptoLab.
- Cut the Rope 2 for iOS: http://itunes.apple.com/app/id681814050
- Gameplay Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwyCaO9J9Qw
- Screenshots: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qiyb1gut6ck648x/sDOwr6018B#/
- Om Nom Stories Season 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq4sd5OKYxU
For More Information:
- Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/cuttherope
- Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/cut_the_rope
- Watch us on YouTube: http://youtube.com/zeptolab
- Visit us on the Web: http://cuttherope.net/cuttherope2
Cut the Rope 2 is available for $0.99 from the App Store on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch at www.AppStore.com/CutTheRope2.
It will be available as a free-to-play game on Android early next year.