2D Artist, Barcelona/remote
We’re looking for an Artist to join our Zeptoteam!
You are passionate about games and you want to work with casual games that entertain millions of players? Do you love to draw, animate, learn and iterate quickly? Do you want to see your creations in games on top of the world charts? Do you want to have an impact in a fast-moving company, and see your ideas come to life?
Then this job is for you!
As a member of our art team, your job will involve creating art for Zeptolab games, from UI to props, characters, and VFX, striving to achieve the highest quality and speed for our games. You will work closely within dedicated teams during game development, shaping up fresh experiences for our players around the world.
Here's what Alexander Turkin, one of our Expert Artists, is saying about working as an Artist: “Zeptolab is fantastic about trust and your creative freedom. In fact, it is a major gamedev studio with an indie mindset, as one artist here is able to draw the whole game, dang! Pitch a concept, design it, animate, be the Lab of your own. Feel the deep ownership of what you do every day.”
This role is based in Barcelona or remote in ±2h Central European Time (CET) zone.
- At Zeptolab we believe that small high performance teams can do great games and that every team member can have a huge impact. As the team artist you will be in charge of creating and implementing all the visual aspects of the game: art assets UI, VFX etc;
- Working hand in hand with your teammates, your role will be to create high quality art from start to finish, being as efficient and agile as possible;
- Within our team of talented artists, we expect you to continuously learn and improve your skills.
What we expect from you
- A good quality portfolio showing stylised/cartoony works and a good sense of color, examples of game graphics that you created;
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the game industry;
- Desire to work in a casual setting and mobile game development;
- Ability to produce creative designs for characters, props, backgrounds, and UI elements;
- Solid knowledge of Photoshop and Unity;
- Intermediate animation skills (Animate/Spine);
- Intermediate knowledge of creating VFX;
- Positive and proactive attitude;
- Open and willing to learn mindset;
- Excellent communication skills;
- English proficiency.
These would be considered a plus
- Knowledge of Jira and Git;
- Knowledge of Illustrator;
- Game related education.
Why join us
- We do something magical and unique – we create great games – and we do it well;
- We operate in a challenging and rapidly growing mobile gaming industry;
- ZeptoTeam - is a cohesive team of enthusiastic professionals - so your input will be heard, and your role in the project will be weighty;
- Our office is cozy and beautiful, you'll have a comfortable working place;
- Diversity and inclusion are important to us. ZeptoLab is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or disability;
- And at last – we'll offer you an attractive compensation package (from wages to social intangible elements. Package includes medical insurance, meals, transportation, fitness and a lot of additional services).