Senior Game Designer - New Games, Barcelona/remote
Zeptolab is looking for an experienced Game Designer to join our Barcelona team!
We have a set of small teams that are working on fresh and unique f2p games. We are looking for someone who can come up with a new concept (or take an existing promising concept made by our prototyping team) and lead one of such small teams through all the stages to global release, to turn the game into a global hit!
We have a flat structure, and we give our teams as much autonomy and responsibility as possible, as we believe this is the best way to get the best results.
- Lead game design area in a small development team working on a new project through prototyping, soft-launch and global release;
- Work closely with the Product Manager of your team on building the roadmap and proposing new features to improve specific metrics;
- Turn those features into documentation and tasks for developers and artists;
- Generate new ideas and concepts that fit today's market;
- Look into data together with Analyst and Product Manager to see what can be improved;
- Provide feedback to other game designers on their projects, and seek feedback for your project;
- Keep up to date on the state of the mobile industry, trends and inspirational games.
What we are looking for
- 5+ years of experience as a Game Designer in mobile gaming;
- Experience in system and game mechanics design;
- Deep understanding the specifics of F2P mobile games;
- Ability to prepare design documentation;
- Ability to work in distributed teams;
- Excellent English written and spoken communication skills;
- High interest in games, including casual and mid-core mobile games.
As a plus
- Experience in combat design;
- Experience in conceptualizing new end-to-end game systems;
- Experience in Unity;
- Level design experience;
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop.
Why join us
- We do something magical and unique – we create great games – and we do it well;
- We operate in a challenging and rapidly growing mobile gaming industry;
- ZeptoTeam - is a cohesive team of enthusiastic professionals - so your input will be heard, and your role in the project will be weighty;
- Our office is cozy and beautiful, you'll have a comfortable working place;
- Diversity and inclusion are important to us. ZeptoLab is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where you can truly belong and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or disability;
- And at last – we'll offer you an attractive compensation package (from wages to social intangible elements. Package includes medical insurance, meals, fitness and a lot of additional services).