Senior Java Developer with Russian, Barcelona/remote
We are looking for an experienced Java Developer to join Bullet Echo team!
As a Backend Developer at Zeptolab, you'll be embedded in a game team, actively contributing to game design and direction, as well as building scalable backend components. You'll be responsible for making sure that our hundreds of thousands of daily players get the best, most uninterrupted experience possible.
If you have experience of developing live systems, and you understand what it means to support a system with large user volumes, in addition to being interested and excited about working in these areas - this might be a great opportunity for you!
This role is remote or based in Moscow or Barcelona office.
- Design, implementation, deployment and maintenance of highly-scalable and available game backend components;
- Contribute to best-practices on reliability and availability;
- Work as part of a team improving development process and communication and contributing to game design discussions.
- Excellent Java programming skills – a minimum of 5 years experience with server-side Java, concurrency handling, and distributed systems;
- Good experience with Linux shell and scripting languages;
- Database design and implementation skills, and good SQL knowledge;
- Collaborative mindset and good communication skills in Russian and English;
- Ability to think clearly under pressure. We aim for minimal downtime in our games, and you are expected to be able to respond to and troubleshoot a wide range of issues in a production environment;
- Strong self-organization skills. Being passionate and committed to tasks, and an autonomous person with high levels of initiative and energy.
- Enthusiasm towards games in general;
- Familiarity with Kotlin or other JVM-based languages (Scala, Groovy);
- Knowledge of network protocols and non-blocking IO;
- Experience with NoSQL databases, Cassandra and Redis, in particular, would be a plus;
- Understanding the challenges and caveats of large-scale distributed systems;
- Familiarity with concurrent, event-driven systems.
Why join us
- We do something magical and unique – we create great games – and we do it well;
- We operate in a challenging and rapidly growing mobile gaming industry;
- ZeptoTeam - is a cohesive team of enthusiastic professionals - so your input will be heard, and your role in the project will be weighty.
Diversity is important for us
ZeptoLab is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or disability.