ZeptoLab is looking for a Technical Artist to join our team!
We make high-quality mobile games for a global audience. Our priorities are fun, quality, and innovation. ZeptoLab games have been downloaded more than one billion times!
Role and responsibilities:
- Create and implement 2D sprite/UI assets as well as VFX/animations matching the established Art Direction
- Collaborate with artists and engineers to solve art-related problematics
- Ensure art pipelines efficiency while always considering both artistic vision and technical limitations
- Participate in the development of tools and solutions for the Art team, as well as creating documentation and providing training.
- Expertise in Unity Game Engine (2D)
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
- Deep understanding of game assets pipelines
- Strong knowledge of Unity Animation and particle system
- Team player mentality
- Proactivity and creativity
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Good analytical and organizational skills
- Good communication skills - English proficiency needed
- Have shipped at least a mobile game on Android and iOS
As a plus:
- Experience with Spine
- Experience scripting Shaders/C#
As a test drive of our job duties, we ask you to complete a test assignment. If the team likes your work, we will be happy to schedule an interview!
The test is:
Please, download this zipped PSD file.
1. Follow the reference from the «vehicles reference» folder and create new visual of car: body, wheels and weapon.
- The vehicle should be recognizable and have some «personality». For example: Ice cream truck, Firefighter truck, Boat with wheels or Monster truck. It could be any idea, the main thing is to perform it in the visual style of C.A.T.S.
- Body of the car should have the same shape as one of the reference bodies, or any other shape, that already exists in the game.
- You can reskin one of the weapons, that already exists in the game or you can propose a new one. It could be any idea - visual is the main thing here.
2. Give life to your creation!
- Animate the wheels and body so the machine appears to be moving forward.
- Animate at least one of the weapons/gadget attached
- You can add a VFX, preferably using Unity’s particle system
Please, send your work to our recruiter Nastia (email@example.com) or firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a portfolio link and CV in the same letter. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Nastia.